(1) A nation in northern North America; the French were the first Europeans to settle in mainland Canada
"The border between the United States and Canada is the longest unguarded border in the world"
From the Saint-Lawrence Iroquoian canada (kanata), meaning village or settlement. Reference: Jacques Cartier. (1545). Relation originale de Jacques Cartier. Paris, Tross, 1863 edition, page 48. See Name of Canada.
- A country in North America; official name: Canada.
- Lower Canada or Upper Canada, often "the Canadas". Also Canada East or Canada West.
- Canuckistan, Soviet Canuckistan
- Great White North
- neighbor to the north
- Countries of the world
- Appendix:Place names in Canada