(1) A toiletry that emits and diffuses a fragrant odor
(2) The choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience
"The gist of the prosecutor's argument"
"The heart and soul of the Republican Party"
"The nub of the story"
(3) The central meaning or theme of a speech or literary work
(4) Any substance possessing to a high degree the predominant properties of a plant or drug or other natural product from which it is extracted
From < , from an artificial formation of , to translate , from , present participle of .
- The inherent nature of a thing or idea.
- A significant feature of something.
- The concentrated form of a plant or drug obtained through a distillation process.
- essence of Jojoba
- Fragrance, a perfume.
- The true nature of anything, not accidental or illusory.