(1) Sharply disagreeable; rigorous
"The harsh facts of court delays"
"An abrasive character"
"A harsh penalty"
(3) Unkind or cruel or uncivil
"Had harsh words"
"A harsh and unlovable old tyrant"
" a rough answer"
(4) Unpleasantly stern
"Wild and harsh country full of hot sand and cactus"
"The nomad life is rough and hazardous"
(5) Disagreeable to the senses
"The harsh cry of a blue jay"
"The harsh white light makes you screw up your eyes"
"Harsh irritating smoke filled the hallway"
(6) Of textures that are rough to the touch or substances consisting of relatively large particles
"A coarse weave"
- Unpleasantly rough to the touch or other senses.
- Severe or cruel.
- to negatively criticize
- Quit harshing me already, I said that I was sorry!
- to put a damper on someone's mood.
- Dude, you're harshing my buzz.