(1) Conclusive in a process or progression
"The final answer"
"A last resort"
"The net result"
(2) Remaining after all deductions
(3) A computer network consisting of a worldwide network of computer networks that use the TCP/IP network protocols to facilitate data transmission and exchange
(4) An open fabric of string or rope or wire woven together at regular intervals
(5) A trap made of netting to catch fish or birds or insects
(6) Game equipment consisting of a strip of netting dividing the playing area in tennis or badminton
(7) A goal lined with netting (as in soccer or hockey)
(8) The excess of revenues over outlays in a given period of time (including depreciation and other non-cash expenses)
(9) Catch with a net
"Net a fish"
(10) Construct or form a web, as if by weaving
(11) Make as a net profit
"The company cleared $1 million"
(12) Yield as a net profit
"This sale netted me $1 million"
- A mesh of string, cord or rope.
- A device made from such mesh, generally used for catching fish.
- A device made from such mesh, generally used for trapping something.
- Anything that has the appearance of such a device.
- Petri net
- A trap.
- caught in the prosecuting attorney's net
- Of a polyhedron, any set of polygons joined edge to edge that, when folded along the edges between adjoining polygons so that the outer edges touch, form that polyhedron.
- A computer network.
- A framework backed by a mesh, serving as the goal in hockey, soccer, lacrosse, etc.
- The striker headed the ball into the net to make it 1-0.
- A mesh stretched to divide the court in tennis, badminton, volleyball, etc.
- (mesh): mesh, network
- (used for catching or trapping):
- (figurative: a trap): snare, trap
- (anything that has the appearance of a net): reticulation
- (in geometry): development
- (in computing): network
- To catch by means of a net.
- To catch in a trap.
- To score (a goal).
- Evans netted the winner in the 80th minute.
- To receive as profit.
- The company nets $30 on every sale.
- To fully hedge a position.
- Every party is netting their position with a counter-party