(1) A heavy precious metallic element; grey-white and resistant to corroding; occurs in some nickel and copper ores and is also found native in some deposits
platina, "little silver" (because platinum was found as an apparent impurity with silver)
- Of a whitish grey colour, like that of the metal.
- Of a musical recording that has sold over one million copies (for singles), or two million (for albums).
- The metallic chemical element with atomic number 78 and symbol Pt.
- A whitish grey colour, like that of the metal.